Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

   As slow as recovery can go we still can find gratitude in each day. First of all I find gratitude in the fact that we still have my sweet Husband with us. I continually look for the miracles and blessing that surely show up each day. It may show up in numbers, it may show in the time he is able to withstand sitting, it may show in the regulating of his heart beat and breathing, it may show in a smile or a wink he gives me. Each day there is at least one small victory and for that I am incredibly grateful. Today he has numbers (chemically) that have earned him a day off dialysis.  This will free up three hours that they will use for physical therapy. This is exhausting work for him but each time he gets a little stronger which we are grateful for. The stronger he gets the closer he gets to getting off the ventilator.  Also his white count is slowly coming down. Between that, the settling of his temperature, and a few other things they believe that the inflammation is getting under control. This is great news. Each day that goes by without some sort of setback the better his chances are. We pray that he continues in this pattern.
   I came by the fund raiser that my family had yesterday for a few minutes. I was overcome with gratitude for all the family and friends that were there to support Stan and our family. There were friends that we had not seen in years, friends of our extended family, and aquaintenances that are soon to be our neighbors. It is truly a beautiful thing to see so many serving with such a united effort and I must admit I was suprised at how well it was attended. I know Stan has been an example to many and a force for good in all our lives. His love for service has always been a sight to behold. He will be proud of the work you have done. I know if things were different he would have been right there with all of you. It's going to be different for him to be on the receiving end but I must say that we are eternally grateful for you and the time and effort put forth on our behalf. I guess the best thing I can say is simply thank you.  The blessing of your service has surely not been unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment