Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6-17-13 continued

The day got better!  When I got back from lunch they were just sitting him up in his chair. I sat next to him and held his hand as usual. He kept leaning towards me and seemed to be quite alert. I asked him if he wanted a hug. He shook his head no. After a few more times I noticed to was doing this with some aim. I asked him if he wanted a kiss. He vigorously nodded :)  He still has the breathing tube in his mouth so I gave him a kind of corner kiss but he was happy with that.  After that he leaned into me and wanted a hug. Such a sweet moment and such a peaceful memory for me to draw upon when things get tough as I'm sure they will from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me but I've been checking your blog for updates several times a day. This post is sooooo sweet. Brought tears to my eyes. I hope he's well and home soon. Sounds like a GREAT guy!

    ReplyDelete