Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

6-8-13

Not much change from yesterday. He is responding to some commands which is good. He hates the breathing tube from his ventilator and was biting on it quite a bit. Even though its not good for him to be biting it; it's also a good sign that he is because if it bugs him that means he is more aware. Coming out of the sedation is going to be something that could take a few days but a little at a time is still good. As long as we are still moving in that direction.  Later today they are putting in a different feeding tube. Also today they will be looking at his leg to see if they can get it closed up in the next day or two. Healing is going to be an extremely slow process and the two things that could set him back would be infection or pneumonia. Praying that neither of those things happen; he has had enough setbacks. And I'm trying to be patient as I would love nothing better that to be able to give him a hug and have it reciprocated. It seems patience is always going to be my test....
I'm so grateful for all your prayers and ask that they continue. Those prayers are pulling me through many scary days when it's been hard to exercise enough faith myself.  I am grateful for my beliefs and faith in my savior. If there has been one thought beyond my constant concern; it is that Faith can move mountains (I haven't been able to find where I've heard it). We have definitely been moving mountains :) and I have been blessed to see and be a part of it!  And I'm praying for more :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alisha, hang in there sweet friend! Stan really is a fighter. I am so glad that things have been going in the right direction. We will continue to pray for you guys. Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I might help you out with that scripture. Matthew 17:20. Some scholars will tell you that Jesus was only trying to make a point that all things are possible for God; to pray without doubt; trust the Lord. Not that we could actually move a mountain. But then if we doubt that faith can move mountains, we deny the very power and intervention we seek. We know, YOU know, that all things are possible with faith in the Savior. The brother of Jared moved mountains, Ether 12:30. Enoch moved mountains, changed the course of rivers, and made the ground tremble, Moses 7:13. We’re not them… yet. But we can be them together. When your faith gets tired, and it will, remember that you have the faith of many others you can lean on.

    ReplyDelete