Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

6-22-13

    After the last couple of days that have been so up and down, I think we are due for some good news...
Last night he actually slept. His bleeding slowed dramatically from the previous night.  We hope that continues. He only had one blood transfusion instead of the four he has had in a 24 hour period. Also it looks like the kidneys are beginning to wake up. When I came in I also found out that his white count is 10.7. This is great because normal range is 5-11. To be in that range means no infection.
    Yesterday when I talked to one of his doctors they were still really concerned about the bleeding and they were really worried that surgery would end up being needed. I figured at this point that some more prayers were in order....not that it ever stops :). I prayed for his bleeding to be able to stop and that he could heal. When the doctors are worried is when I go back to the one person I can always trust. Prayer and trust in our Heavenly Father is what I have needed every second of every day as we have journeyed through this trial and I know that he is in charge of the outcome. The many miracles we have witnessed have occurred because of the great faith we have together and I know that has truly made a difference.  I believe that through our faith and prayers his doctors have been guided, he has been comforted and we as a family have been blessed. Thank you all for your faith and prayers. Please keep them coming.
With The Lord anything is possible :).  He is still moving mountains.

Keep getting stronger Stan!
We love you!
Alisha

3 comments:

  1. Alisha, we have been following Stan's progress and have been praying as well. This post was beautifully written and I echo your trust and faith in the Lord. I don't think you will ever really know how much you and your family mean to us. We love you and just know you are in our hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know us, but we are new to the North Lake 1st Ward and have been praying for your family. Br. Gurney spoke in our ward just days before his heart attack. I remember it was a wonderful talk about marriage and I could tell he lived what he was talking about. We will continue to pray and hope for his recovery.

    Katie and Reid Madsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alisha. What a great post on faith. You have always been such a great example on exercising faith. We will continue praying for you guys. Sending our love-

    ReplyDelete